Friday, September 8, 2017

"When Will I Be Changed" (feat. Bob Weir)

 

"WHEN WILL I BE CHANGED"
FEATURING BOB WEIR

Photo credit: Brian Stowell
 
Listen now: Spotify | Apple Music | Amazon | YouTube

From Josh:

"I wrote 'When Will I Be Changed' several years ago and held on to it tightly. The song, about the hope for personal transformation and transcendence, felt really special to me and I wanted to record it just right. I returned from the Gathering sessions with a version that made me really happy, but as I listened again and again, an idea began to form.

Last year, I had the great honor of working with Bob Weir on his record, Blue Mountain. Bob has the spirit of an adventurer and the voice of a lion, and as I listened to myself singing "When Will I Be Changed," I couldn't help but wonder what kind of gravity and experience Bob could bring to the song. I finally worked up the nerve to ask him if he might be into turning the song into a duet with me, and what unfolded was miraculous."

Read more about the song at Rolling Stone.


PRE-ORDER 'GATHERING'

Gathering is out September 22nd.

PRE-ORDER NOW
 

JOSH & THE ROYAL CITY BAND TOUR

Photo by Patrick Glennon

Josh & the Royal City Band are on tour this fall and winter.

VIEW TOUR DATES & VIP PACKAGES
Website Facebook Twitter Instagram
© Josh Ritter

Customer Support | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

You may unsubscribe from the Josh Ritter email list at any time.
This email was sent with the Topspin Platform by Josh Ritter.
3120 W. Empire Ave. Burbank, CA 91504


No comments:

Post a Comment