Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Beast in Its Tracks

Josh Ritter - The Beast In Its Tracks


Hey everyone,

I have a new album coming out on March 5, 2013. It’s called The Beast in Its Tracks. You can hear a song from it right now at joshritter.com

I wrote and recorded this record in the 18 months after my marriage had fallen apart. All heartbreak is awful – my broken heart wasn’t unique. But writing these songs was helping me get through the night and I didn’t have the strength to care or question.

It felt like a different record from the start. Far from the grand, sweeping feel of the songs on So Runs the World Away, these new ones felt like rocks in the shoe, hard little nuggets of whatever they were, be it spite, remorse, or happiness. I told all this to Sam Kassirer, my producer and friend. If we recorded these songs, which felt so personal, their starkness needed a corresponding simplicity of production. I hadn’t composed this stuff, I’d scrawled it down, just trying to keep ahead of the heartbreak, and they needed to be recorded like that.

Listening to it now makes me very proud. I can’t wait to share it with all of you.

Love,
Josh

Get the limited-edition Joy To You Baby 7" now on limited-edition vinyl and at iTunes

Watch the album teaser, pre-order the album and view our album packages, and check out our 2013 tour dates here at joshritter.com


Copyright (C) 2012 Josh Ritter All rights reserved.

 

© Josh Ritter

Customer Support | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

Please do not reply to this email.
This is an outbound e-mail only and replies will not be responded to or reviewed.

You may unsubscribe from the Josh Ritter email list at any time.
This email was sent with the Topspin Platform by Josh Ritter.
1538 20th Street, Santa Monica CA 90404


No comments:

Post a Comment